Crypto gambling website that sponsors Everton hit with £350m lawsuit

0

The crypto betting and casino website that sponsors Everton has been the subject of a £350m lawsuit after Christopher Freeman – a former business partner of co-founders Bijan Tehrani and Ed Craven – claimed he had been bullied when creating the site

  • Christopher Freeman has filed a lawsuit against the co-founders of Stake.com
  • Freeman worked alongside Stake.com co-owners Bijan Tehrani and Ed Craven
  • Documents show Freeman claims he was bullied while creating the site
  • Stake.com is the main shirt sponsor of Everton and Watford football clubs

Crypto-gambling website Stake.com has been hit with a £350m lawsuit after a former business partner of the company’s owners claims he was the victim of a scam ‘intimidation.

The lawsuit, filed by Christopher Freeman in the Southern District of New York, alleges that Freeman had been the mastermind of Primedice, a precursor to Stake.com.

Founded by Bijan Tehrani and Ed Craven in 2017, Stake.com offers online cryptocurrency-based gambling and sports betting and has become one of the fastest growing websites of its kind.

Court documents obtained by The Guardian allege that Freeman received a 20% stake in Primedice, with Tehrani and Craven each owning half of the remaining 80% of the company.

Freeman claims that throughout their careers at Primedice, Tehrani and Craven used a mix of bullying and illegal tactics to force him out of the company, a charge that is denied by the founders of Stake.com.

Plaintiff further claims that it was his idea to eventually expand Primedice into the online cryptocurrency casino that Stake.com eventually became, while his former business partners intended instead to create a platform for more traditional online game using fiat currency.

Gambling website Stake.com has been hit with a £350m lawsuit by Christopher Freeman

Freeman alleges he was bullied into setting up website which sponsors Everton and Watford

Freeman alleges he was bullied into setting up website which sponsors Everton and Watford

A spokesperson for Stake.com vehemently denied the allegations against the site’s co-founders, saying they are: “internally inconsistent, intentionally misleading and patently false”.

Stake.com is currently the main shirt sponsor of Everton and Watford football clubs and has a partnership with the UFC.

The site has also recently received significant publicity through its partnership with hip-hop superstar Drake, who has used the platform to place a number of high-stakes bets, including a 1.7 million bet. pounds on British UFC stars Paddy Pimblett and Molly McCann. .

Drake shared several bets he made through the site on his Instagram account

Drake shared several bets he made through the site on his Instagram account

Advertising

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.